Radiofrequency microneedling (commonly called Microneedling RF ) is a noninvasive treatment for skin rejuvenation and skin tightening . It enhances the collagen-boosting benefits of microneedling by combining it with the heat of radiofrequency energy.
In experienced hands, this potent combination can effectively treat a range of concerns, including:
- uneven skin tone
- large pores
- fine lines and wrinkles
- skin laxity
- scarring on face dt acne /chicken pox or any other reason
- stretch marks
The most common treatment areas include the face, neck, and decolletage but it can be used almost anywhere
RF microneedling works by creating controlled microdamage from both the ultra-fine needles and heat. This stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing response stimulating synthesis of new collagen and elastin.
RF microneedling has been shown to slow down and even temporarily reverse the process of skin aging .
PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS :
- Reveal any medical conditions such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blistertendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, and all currentmedications (including both prescriptions and over-the-counter products) such asAccutane, tetracycline, hormone replacement therapy, or use of Retin-A.
- The patient must quit taking Accutane for 6 months prior to having a PiXel8-RFmicro-needing treatment
- DO NOT perform a PiXel8-RF Micro-needling treatment on a patient if he/shehas an electronic implant (Insulin pump, pacemaker, LVAD, etc)
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your PiXel8-RF treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not use any irritating skin care products such as Retin-A or OBAGI for oneweek prior to treatment.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, aspirin for 1 week prior toscheduled procedure.
- Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may bemore sensitive to the treatment and the clinician may use gauze or a tonguedepressor to isolate the area to make the treatment more comfortable.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS :
- A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and aftertreatment is expected. If any discomfort or irritation persists more than 24-hours,please notify the treatment facility.
- Tiny scabs (of less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post treatmentand may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched(even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
- During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to preventtrauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care productsor exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination orinfection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- For burning sensation, spritz the treatment area with a diluted vinegar solution(1 tsp white vinegar per 8 ounces water)
- It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Patients may applyan icepack (NOT direct ice) to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15-minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 1-3 days is common. After 12-hours post procedure, the patient mayapply a hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce redness.
- Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks afterthe treatment, as the skin that was treated will be more sensitive to the sun afteryour Sublative treatment.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.