Radiofrequency Microneedling using FDA-approved Pixel8 from Rohrer Aesthetics
Radiofrequency microneedling (RF Microneedling ) is a non-invasive treatment for skin rejuvenation and tightening. It enhances the collagen-boosting benefits of microneedling by combining it with the heat of radiofrequency energy.
Below is an overview of the Pixel8 RF microneedling procedure from Rohrer Aesthetics.
What concerns can be addressed by RF Microneedling?
- Uneven skin tone
- Large pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity
- Scarring on the face due to acne scar/chicken pox or any other reason
- Stretch marks
Can this treatment be done for my skin type?
Pixel8 from Rohrer Aesthetics has been approved for all skin types. It comes with two kinds of needle cartridges, insulated and non-insulated. Before the procure doctor will perform a quick consult to assess your Fitzpatrick skin type. Based on that doctor will determine where to use an insulated or non-insulated needle cartridge. Insulated needling is used in darker skin types as it is prone to absorb more heat compared to lighter skin types.
What are the benefits of Radiofrequency Microneedling over traditional microneedling?
RF microneedling mixes conventional microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy to increase the production of growth factors. This is accomplished by micro-punching the skin with specialized needles that release heat or radiofrequency energy. The RF radiation deeply penetrates the dermis, encouraging the creation of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, among other skin-beneficial proteins and enzymes. Furthermore, the radiofrequency energy heats the skin’s deeper layers, which enhances skin tightness.
Wrinkles can be reduced by raising collagen levels, and rf microneedling is a more effective technique than conventional microneedling. The additional RF energy’s heat-induced tightening and smoothing of the underlying skin layers diminish even the most severe lines and wrinkles.
RF microneedling, instead of conventional microneedling, may efficiently target the deeper layers of the skin without significantly harming the surface layers. To tighten and firm the skin, collagen is produced when RF energy is given beyond the tip of each needle into the deep layers of the skin.
All scars, including acne scars, are thick, damaged skin patches that can be challenging to heal. Because RF Microneedling employs more RF energy to break up scar tissue than standard microneedling, it is a more effective treatment option for scars. Providers can also direct more RF energy to damaged areas to have greater results. Hence, RF Microneedling using a Pixel8 device is an effective acne scar treatment.
Because the RF energy strength and needle depth of the Pixel8 RF machine may be changed to meet the demands of each unique patient, RF microneedling treatments are highly adaptable. The technique might be as superficial as a skin-improving procedure or as profound and dramatic as a skin-changing operation.
What can I expect during my treatment?
Your treatment area will be thoroughly cleaned, and then applying numbing cream. You will then wait for 45 mins to get the treatment area numbed. Once the treatment area is numbed, your numbing cream will be removed, and the doctor will start the procedure as per recommended depth from the Pixel8 manufacturer. We usually use the 8×8 needle cartridge and go over the entire treatment with some overlap. The needles will go from .5 mm to 3.5 mm in depth in the skin during the procedure.
What do you do to make the treatment tolerable?
You will be given stress balls and a vibrator will be used as well to keep you calm during the procedure. We also use chilled airflow in the treatment area to comfort you during the treatment. All of this helps you to get the treatment done with minimal or tolerable discomfort.
What areas can be treated using RF Microneedling?
The most common treatment areas include the face, neck, and decolletage, which can be used almost anywhere.
RF microneedling creates controlled microdamage from the ultra-fine needles and heat. This stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing response, stimulating the synthesis of new collagen and elastin.
RF microneedling has been shown to slow down and even temporarily reverse the process of skin aging.
What are the pre-treatment instructions?
- Reveal any medical conditions such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, and all current medications (including both prescriptions and over-the-counter products) such as Accutane, tetracycline, hormone replacement therapy, or use of Retin-A.
- The patient must quit taking Accutane for six months before having a PiXel8 RFmicroneeding treatment.
- DO NOT perform a PiXel8 RF Microneedling treatment on a patient if he/she has an electronic implant (Insulin pump, pacemaker, LVAD, etc.)
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks before your PiXel8 RF microneedling treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks before your appointment.
- Do not use irritating skin care products such as Retin-A or OBAGI for one week before treatment.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, and aspirin for 1 week before the scheduled procedure.
- Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may be more sensitive to the treatment. The clinician may use gauze or a tongue depressor to isolate the area to make the treatment more comfortable.
What are the post-treatment instructions?
- A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment is expected. If discomfort or irritation persists for more than 24 hours, please notify the treatment facility.
- Tiny scabs (less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post-treatment and remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched(even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
- During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- For a burning sensation, spritz the treatment area with a diluted vinegar solution(1 tsp white vinegar per 8 ounces water)
- It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Patients may apply an icepack (NOT direct ice) to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15-minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 1-3 days is common. After 12 hours post-procedure, the patient may apply a hydrocortisone cream 3-4 daily to reduce redness.
- Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of a tanning bed for at least two weeks after the treatment, as the skin that was treated will be more sensitive to the sun after your Sublative treatment.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after treatment.
Radiofrequency Microneedling before and after
How many treatments do I need to achieve desired results?
You can start seeing improvement 2-3 weeks after the first treatment. It is recommended to take a series of three treatments 4-6 weeks apart to achieve optimum results.
Can I add PRP to this treatment to get even better results?
Yes. We do offer RF Microneedling with PRP. We will take your blood sample, similar to a blood testing lab, during the procedure and use it to create PRP. PRP is rich in platelets and other growth factors, which helps expedite the healing process and boosts the effect of RF microneedling.
Where can I see the prices and book an appointment online?
You can visit our online booking page and get the price for our services.
What other treatment options can I have for skin resurfacing?
Why should I do Radiofrequency Microneedling in Pleasanton at your clinic?
At our clinic, the doctor performs the treatment. On top of that, we provide it at the most affordable prices compared to our peers. We use FDA-approved machines and state-of-the-art equipment during the process. Our courteous staff checks on patients post-treatment to ensure we care for them until they fully heal. Hence, we feel we are the best RF microneedling clinic in the town.
How long can I see the results of the RF Microneedling treatment?
It will take four to six weeks to start seeing the treatment results. You will see the complete results in 3 months timeframe. This is because collagen production is a natural process, and it takes time to get the collagen product triggered and show the impact on the skin.